Monday, September 26, 2011

Autumn Brings Changes in Schedule

When it's nice outside, I fight the urge to sit down at my sewing machine and have some fun with fabric.  We've already had our first frost, and are in a rainy, gray (read gloomy) patch of weather, so now I can go  upstairs to my sewing room with knowledge that I am not missing a thing in the outside world.  I like to take an occasional sewing class too, to learn something new, be exposed to new projects and ideas. 
Here's my latest creation, a neck purse, which I made featuring cat fabric.  The one I made for myself uses oriental fabrics.  I know I will use the purse when I travel.  It is an attractive, handy spot for passport, credit card, some folding bills.  I also think I'll use it for the occasional outdoor art show or festival that I like to attend.  What is extra special about this neck purse is that I made the cording too, on my handy-dandy little serger.  It matches the fabric exactly and feels soft and gentle on the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swallow Nest Art Gallery Collection on Etsy