Saturday, September 24, 2011

Artful Living

Being an artist means living a beautiful life.  Art making is not all about paintings, sculpture, or photos.  Sometimes art making is jelly from the yard's plum trees and grape vines.  The color alone is enough to send me off into heaven.  The taste, well the taste is brimming with fat sweet Concord grapes and plump red plums waiting to burst out of their skin.  Put them together and apply them to home made buttermilk pancakes, and we are living a life fit for royalty.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through the etsy art team. You have some beautiful work here, and I dearly love this post. My mom made some plum jelly that looks just like that and I've been meaning to paint a still life of it for a long time. And I love the idea of living an artful life. Nice to 'meet' you!

    ReplyDelete

Swallow Nest Art Gallery Collection on Etsy